Question 1 – What are the specific objectives for this larger sister ship? In particular, what established features and benefits of Aquarius are the owners totally committed to preserving and retaining on Aquarius II; and what new opportunities or additional benefits do they hope to enjoy as a result of building Aquarius II?
Godfrey Cray: The objectives for Aquarius II (AQII) were:
- Sailing performance to be commensurate with the length increase from AQI
- Increased cabins and living spaces for owner and guests
- Increased crew accommodation and service areas
- To take advantage of fully tested innovations and system upgrades
- Continuing focus on quality and reliability
- The owners were very happy with the current yacht. Particularly the modern classic exterior look, balance and sailing performance by Dykstra Naval Architects and the interior layout and décor from Mark Whitely Design.